Most of your favourite cocktails have a non-alcoholic or virgin version known as mocktails. Sea Breeze Mocktail is no exception!! The combination of cranberry and grapefruit works perfectly to create this delicious fruit drink. This makes an excellent choice for a warm summer evening. My all time favourite is Virgin Pina Colada though!!….Click to check the recipe!!
We all get excited for summer’s bounty of sweet berries and juicy watermelon, but there’s more to fall than Halloween costumes. Cranberries taste best from October through November and probably that’s why this drink is also known as November Sea Breeze. At least, that was how it was mentioned in the menu card of the restaurant where I had it for the first time.
Research suggests cranberry concentrate can help prevent urinary tract infections and that fresh cranberries can help prevent oral diseases and slow the growth of cancer. But anything in moderation is fine. Click here and here to check out the precautionary measures for cranberry and grape juice respectively.
Quantities of the ingredients tend to cause confusion. But I would suggest using equal quantities of cranberry and grapefruit juice…it works great for me. But if you do not want the slightly dominant bitter taste, reduce the proportion of grapefruit juice. Replace grapefruit juice with apple juice for a sweeter taste. You can give it a try and see what suits you best.
If along the way to making your Sea Breeze Mocktail, you are tempted to have a cocktail, transitioning your non-alcoholic beverage to an alcoholic one is very simple. All you need to do is add some vodka to the drink. You can also change up the flavour by adding some lime juice or simply squeezing in some fresh lime.
This is super easy to make and relatively healthy….Thanks to the fruit juice base. Make this Sea breeze Mocktail just for you or in bulk to serve to guests at a party.
Off to the recipe for Sea Breeze Mocktail !!
Easy steps to make Sea Breeze Mocktail:
Once you have your ingredients together, you can make your Mocktail!
- I just had to section the grapefruit and the rest is simple.
- Check this link to learn how to cut a grapefruit.
- Squeeze fresh grapefruit juice using a juicer or juice squeezer and set aside. I’m using a juicer.
- Measure in canned cranberry juice.
- You can use a cocktail shaker to mix both the juices, but I don’t think it’s really needed.
- Pour the both the juices into an ice-filled glass.
- Stir, garnish with a grapefruit wedge and then serve – enjoy!
- 4 measures Cranberry Juice
- 4 measures freshly squeezed Grapefruit Juice
- Ice cubes
- Grapefruit wedge or Lime wedge for garnish
- Squeeze fresh grapefruit juice using a juicer or juice squeezer and set aside.
- Measure in canned cranberry juice.
- Pour both the juices into an ice-filled glass.
- Stir, garnish with a grapefruit wedge and then serve.
1. Replace grapefruit with apple juice for a sweeter taste.
2. (or) Perk up with carbonated water or apple fizz and give it a try.
3. To transform it to a cocktail, add 2 measures of Vodka!!
Check out other drink recipes from blog:
- Virgin Pina Colada
- Watermelon Agua Fresca
- Mango Strawberry Layered Breakfast Smoothie
- Raw Mango Drink
- Gingered Plum Blueberry Smoothie
- Mango Lassi
- Spiced Buttermilk
- Honey Ginger lemonade
- Mint Flavoured Watermelon Cooler
- Strawberry Banana Yoghurt Smoothie
Many more to come!!….STAY TUNED!!
Do check out other mocktails from our culinary hoppers:
- Piyali – Strawberry Italian cream soda
- Vani – Spring Fever
- Jaya – Coconut cucumber cooler
- Swati – Cantaloupe Fizz
- Shubha – Orange glow
- Anu –Berry pina-colada and virgin pina-colada
- Poornima – Snowy plover
Happy Cooking 🙂