Karivepaku Karam Podi Recipe or Curry Leaves Chutney Powder Recipe to prepare aromatic & protein rich powder with curry leaves, lentils and few spices.
- To Dry Roast:
- 2 Cups Curry leaves tightly packed (picked, washed and dried)
- 4 Tablespoons Bengal gram Channa dal or Senaga pappu
- 2 Tablespoons Black gram dal Urad dal or Minapa pappu
- 10 to 12 Dry red chillies
- 6 garlic pods peeled
- Gooseberry size Tamarind
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Desiccated coconut
- To be added while grinding:
- 1 garlic pod
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- salt to taste
In a pan over medium heat, dry roast curry leaves well and set aside.
In the same pan, dry roast channa dal and urad dal until light golden brown. Then add dry red chillies and roast for 1 minute. To this add garlic pods and tamarind and roast for another minute.
Finally add sesame seeds and desiccated coconut and turn off the heat.
Dry grind the roasted lentils mixture first.
Then add roasted curry leaves, one garlic pod and cumin seeds. Grind everything together along with required salt to a coarse powder.
Store curry leaves powder in an air tight container so that it does not loose its freshness.
Refrigerate or freeze it for longer use.