Black Eyed Pea Quinoa Salad has a range of flavours & contrasting textures from bitter & crunchy Endive to the creamy Avocados. Black-eyed peas & quinoa make a hearty pair.
1. I have used dried black-eyed peas and cooked them in a pressure cooker. You can use canned peas or you can use the dried ones and cook them in a regular pot!
2. You can also substitute cherry tomatoes with regular tomato, diced.
3. Use any vinegar of your choice or you can also use just lemon and honey dressing. The rest of the ingredients for dressing will remain the same.
4. You can also make the same salad using couscous, bulgur, cracked wheat or pasta.
5. Prep time doesn't include soaking of beans.
6. Adjust seasonings to suit your taste. Quantities and choice of veggies can be adjusted to your liking.