Udupi special food Uppu huli dosa is a very popular breakfast dish in Mangalore and Udupi. It is a salty, sour and spicy red dosa.
1. Adding coconut in generous quantity is must, that makes the dosa smooth otherwise it will be hard.
2. If you so not want to use coconut, use a fistful of beaten rice/poha instead. But be ready to compromise with taste.
3. This dosa tastes best when made spicy. So use liberally chillies, tamarind and jaggery but balance it with salt.
4. Roast it on medium low heat to make crispy dosas.
5. You can keep the batter for 2-3 days in refrigerator.
6. You can also include some finely chopped veggies or greens to the batter and prepare dosas.