Gongura Prawns Recipe, an exotic dish where prawns are cooked in tangy Gongura or Sorrel leaves along with spices to add up to the much needed flavour & zing.
1. This recipe required a lot of green chillies to balance out the tanginess of the gongura. Still if you wish you can green increase or decrease green chillies according to your taste.
2. The quantities of gongura leaves and the prawns is flexible. You can increase/decrease quantities of both. If you increase gongura, then you have proportionately balance out the tang with spice and salt..
3. When the gongura/sorrel leaves are cooked, it becomes very soft and reduces in volume.
4. Sorrel leaves with red stem have are sourer in taste than with green stem.
5. I have not used any tempering in today’s recipe.