Moong dal rasam or Pesara pappu charu is a very comforting and delicious homemade healing food where dal infused with turmeric is cooked in ginger, green chillies, coriander and onions.
1. Adjust spice levels with green chillies.
2. Do not add lemon when rasam is hot (warm is fine), it gives a bitter taste to the rasam. And also do not reheat once you add lemon. Best way is to add lemon before serving.
3. If you do not like to get a bite of ginger while eating, cut into big chunks so that you can remove it while eating.
4. You can decide how crunchy you want your onions to be cooked so boil accordingly.
5. You can include any vegetables or greens to this basic recipe. Spinach is a great combination.
6. Do not forget to adjust salt after adding lemon juice.