Punugulu with Idli dosa batter is a deep fried snack, a common street food in Andhra Pradesh, served with an assortment of chutneys. These crispy fritters are a wonderful snack during monsoon.
1. Adjust spice levels with green chillies.
2. You can prepare Punugulu with fresh or fermented idli dosa batter.
3. You can add semolina to the batter, which gives a crisp to the punugulu. In this case leave the batter aside for half an hour and proceed with the same above mentioned process.
4. Another variation to this- You can even add soaked and drained sago and split bengal gram (1/4 cup both combined) to the batter and and make punugulu.
5. You can also include spinach or any greens of your choice.