Capsicum Aloo Paneer Tikki made from mashed potatoes, capsicum, paneer and spices jazzed up with an assortment of sweet and sour chutneys or ketchup serves best as an appetiser.
1. Adjust spice levels with green chillies.
2, Ginger and garlic quantities are purely personal choice, so feel free to use to suit your taste.
3. Boiled potatoes should be mashed well without any lumps.
4. You can boil potatoes using any method, though I have used pressure cooker method.
5. Sometimes I make tikkis with all raw ingredients with no sautéing involved, but in that case I finely chop everything. Do try this sometime because it tastes very refreshing.
6. In case the Potato mixture becomes too soft and loose, you can add some breadcrumbs or corn flour or gram flour to the potato mixture and mix to remove excess moisture.
7. Fry tikkis over medium heat to get a crispy outer crust.