Eggless Vanilla Cake Recipe to prepare at home without using oven or OTG. Just a few ingredients along with a pressure cooker & 10 minutes to whip is all you need and you'll have a delectable eggless cake to devour.
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour + 1 tsp for dusting cake tin
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar 1 Cup if using Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Yoghurt
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 Cup Milk or as required
Get your baking tin ready by brushing some cooking oil within the tin and dust with some flour.
Fill a clean, dry pressure cooker with some Sand or Salt at the bottom to a height up to 2-3 inches. Place a small stand in the centre. Remove the whistle and gasket from the lid and close the cooker.
Preheat the pressure cooker over high flame to maintain a temperature as in a preheated oven.
Preparing the batter:
In a bowl, first cream yoghurt and sugar. Beat well until creamy. Now add oil and vanilla essence to this and beat for few minutes.
Place a sieve over the bowl and add all-purpose flour. To this add baking soda, baking powder and salt. Now, sieve the dry ingredients directly into the bowl with wet ingredients.
Gently fold in the flour into the wet mixture in one direction. Add milk little by little and mix until you get the perfect consistency of the cake batter. It takes about 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk.
Transfer the batter to the dusted baking tin and pat it to remove any air bubbles.
Cooking cake in the Pressure Cooker:
Place the cake tin inside the preheated cooker. Make sure there is some space between the tin and the edge of the cooker. Remove the whistle and gasket from the lid and close the cooker.
Cook on a low flame for around 40-45 minutes. Keep checking in between, may be after 25 minutes to prevent burning.
To check if it's done, take a toothpick and pierce it through the cake. If it comes out clean, then cake is ready.
Remove from the baking tin from the cooker and let it cool on a wired rack for an hour. Unmould the cake and serve.
- Use pressure cooker as per the size of cake tin you will be using. For bigger cake, go for big sized pressure cooker and vice versa.
- Before making the cake batter, make sure to get your cake tin and pressure cooker ready.
- Make sure all your ingredients, including yogurt, are at room temperature. This is very important in baking because room temperature ingredients emulsify better.
- While combining dry and wet ingredients, make sure to NOT over-mix. You will end up with a dense cake by over-mixing as it knocks out all the air in the batter. Just use a spatula and gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using the cut and fold method.
- If you don't like to have a brown crust to the cake, remove the cake 5 minutes before after checking for doneness.
- Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack before you unmould it.
- Store this eggless vanilla cake in clean airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days or in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- You can also frost this cake once it cools down and serve.
- Go though the FAQ above for any other doubts.