Turmeric Ginger Tea Recipe boosts immunity, heals, soothes, detoxes & rejuvenates!! A cup of turmeric tea can actually relieve inflammation in all of its forms and also help in weight loss.
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Turmeric fresh grated or powder
- 1 tsp Ginger grated or organic ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Few drops Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Honey or any sweetener of choice
Take a fresh turmeric root, wash it well, peel out the skin and grate. Similarly grate ginger and get the rest of the ingredients ready.
In a medium pot, add 2 cups water along with all the other ingredients.
Bring all the contents to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Turn off the heat and then cover with a lid and rest it for 10 minutes for all the flavours seep into the liquid.
Strain the tea through a fine sieve.
Transfer to a cup; add honey or any of your preferred sweetener and a dash of lemon to taste. You can also just drink the tea as it is.
- Turmeric may stain your hands and countertops. Wearing hand gloves is useful. The colour on the countertop will eventually fade, but making a thick paste of baking soda and water and scrubbing the stain can help.
- Recipe can be halved or doubled if needed. Increase this recipe by another cup of water for a milder version tea.
- There is no hard and fast rule about the ingredients, just add them to your liking and enjoy the tea with its health benefits. You can skip anything you don’t like and still make the tea with a couple of ingredients.
- This immune boosting tea can be had by anyone and have this tea first thing in the morning on empty stomach for best results.
- A final note on turmeric. It should be consumed responsibly. People with bile duct obstruction, gallstones, and GI disorders including stomach ulcers and hyperacidity disorders should consult with their doctors before using.