Instant Jalebi Recipe Without Yeast is a popular sweet dish prepared with all purpose flour, spirally shaped using a piping bag or cloth, deep fried & then dipped in sweet syrup.
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour Maida
- 2 tsp Rice Flour Skip if you don’t want crispy
- A pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Sour Yoghurt
- A pinch Orange/Red/Yellow Food Colour or Turmeric Powder
- A pinch Cooking Soda
For Sugar/Jaggery Syrup:
- 1/2 Cup Sugar or Jaggery
- 1/4 Cup Water
Preparing Jalebi Batter:
To a bowl, add all purpose flour, rice flour, a pinch of salt and yoghurt. If you like add a pinch of food colour or turmeric powder to the batter.
Add water and make a smooth batter.
Batter should not be too watery or too thick.
Rest aside for 10 minutes. In the mean time prepare syrup.
Sugar or Jaggery Syrup:
Mix sugar or jaggery, add 1/4 cup water and bring it to boil.
Syrup should reach close to 1 string consistency.
Loading Jalebi Batter In Jalebi Dispenser:
After 10 minutes, add cooking soda to the batter and mix gently.
Transfer the batter to a jalebi dispenser, a sauce squeeze bottle with a small nozzle, cloth or a piping bag.
Deep Frying jalebis:
Add oil in a frying pan, preferably flat pan.
Now squeeze the bottle and made your desired shape or circular shape.
Fry until golden and crisp.
Transfer the fried jalebi into hot syrup.
Rest for 4-5 minutes and remove to a plate.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
- The batter should be of semi thick dropping consistency.
- Keep the oil over medium hot. Don’t add jalebis to smoking hot oil. Jalebis will disperse as soon as they comes in contact with oil. Maintain medium heat.
- While squeezing the batter in oil, move your hand in a clockwise direction to form spiral jalebis..
- Initially, jalebis will sink to the bottom and then slowly rise to the top.
- It will require a lot of patience and practice to get a perfect spiral shaped Jalebi.