Spicy Cauliflower Curry or Dhonepata Fulkopi is a simple Bengali style curry where roasted cauliflower is cooked in a spicy coriander sauce.
1. You can also substitute mustard oil with vegetable oil if you do not like the flavour of mustard oil.
2. Adjust spice levels with green chillies and red chilli powder.
3. An extremely important step in this curry is to shallow-fry the cauliflower florets on a low heat till they are browned and soft, yet firm.
4. Do not cook for long time after adding the coriander paste, it will lose its colour and doesn’t look appealing.
5. If you want a tangy element to it, squeeze in some lime at the end.
6. I would love to include some ginger and garlic the next time I make. Do give it a try and let me know.