Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe | Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe Microwave | How to make Chocolate Dipped Strawberries at home | Valentines Day Celebration Idea to prepare an impressive and incredibly easy dessert treat with luscious strawberries dipped in chocolate.
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in February 2017 and has been updated with Video and replaced with edited pictures for comprehensiveness and freshness.
Hi friends…I’m here today to share an impressive yet incredibly easy dessert with luscious strawberries…. Who doesn’t love these heart healthy fruits. Hope you enjoy this Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe!!
We love all things sweet for Valentine’s Day and there is nothing says love like a huge plate of chocolate dipped strawberries… You do agree with me right? I’m not a big Valentine’s day person but since our anniversary falls in the same week, it becomes special!!
Strawberries are often whimsically called the fruits of love. The one obvious reason is probably the strawberry’s heart-shaped form, its vivid red colour and its sweetness.
Besides these characteristics, these juicy heart shaped delights have many nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are great for boosting your energy and contribute to overall health. It is a good way to increase your daily intake of vitamin C and because of its antioxidant properties, the fruit is excellent for promoting cardiovascular health. They also contain significant amounts of phytonutrients and flavonoids which makes strawberries bright red.
Tips & Tricks:
Of course, there are some tips and tricks to getting good results and pretty berries. But in general, you could give your kid a bar of chocolate, a microwave, and a pint of berries, and you will definitely end up with something edible. Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe is really that easy!!
I made these hearty delights for a party. It did take me some time and effort to put up these extra indulgent treats, especially to decorate them…. but it was a hit at the party!!
Spend a few extra minutes decorating your strawberries to turn a simple candy into a work of art. I’ve given a few options for decorating your strawberries – plain chocolate, drizzled with white chocolate, dipped in nuts and sprinkles– but who says you need to stop there?
Use good quality chocolate for the best flavour. To make dairy free, vegan strawberries, use dairy free chocolate for dipping. There are many delicious possibilities…just try and explore!
Off to Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe!!
Step-by-Step process for
Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe:
- Gently rinse your strawberries and make sure to pat dry them with a paper towel. They should be completely dry before you dip them into chocolate.
- Leave the stems and leaves intact, as they give a good grip to the berries and also looks prettier once they are done.
- Stick toothpicks in the tops of the strawberries about 1 inch deep. The toothpick should be inserted at least halfway into the strawberry to ensure stability when dipping.
NOTE: Damp berries, or even just a stray water droplets, can cause your melted chocolate to seize. This results in your pretty, glossy, fluid chocolate turning into a lumpy mess, which you don’t want!!
- Arrange a Thermocol foam sheet to pin the strawberry pops or alternatively line a baking try with a parchment paper.
NOTE: I like the hermocol option as you get perfect coating to the strawberries whereas when you place the strawberries on a baking sheet, they will get a flat surface on one side. Use any of the method that suits you!! You don’t need to but a new thermocol for this purpose, I just used the thermocol from a package.
Though the double-boiler is the safest method, we’re going for the quickest option, which is melting the chocolate in a microwave. In this method, it’s easy to overcook chocolate which results in small, burned chunks, so just be alert!!
- Break up, grate, or chop the chocolate into small pieces. The chocolate will melt fast and more easily if you do this.
- Add chopped chocolates in separate microwave-safe glass bowls.
- Add a teaspoon of oil to each bowl and melt the chocolates in the microwave on medium power, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Always melt chocolate slowly at a low temperature, uncovered, to prevent moisture from collecting..
- Stir until the chocolates completely melt and smooth.
NOTE: While you can melt chocolate by itself, adding a bit a fat can help ensure the chocolate melts more smoothly. Also, the chocolate has a softer consistency once it sets. Choose a neutral flavoured fat or it could alter the taste of the chocolate. One of the best choices is vegetable oil.
Decorating Ideas For Strawberries:
- A few of the ideas to decorate strawberries are as simple as pressing something into the wet chocolate after the berry is dipped like sprinkles, chopped nuts or anything….you can make every berry look completely unique!…Sky is the limit for ideas!!
- This is what we are using today apart from making striped or zig zag strawberries. I didn’t finally use the chocolate streusel which you are seeing below.
Dipping Strawberries in Chocolate:
- With clean strawberries and smooth, melted chocolate, you’re ready to start dipping 🙂
- To dip the strawberries, pull all the leafy greens carefully into your fingers, then submerge the red flesh of the strawberry into the chocolate. Twirl it around the pool of chocolate to coat completely. Gently scrape the excess back into the bowl from the base of the strawberry.
- Pin it on the thermocol board and garnish with sprinkles, chopped nuts or anything. Repeat with the rest of your strawberries. Drizzle a messy zigzag across some berries with contrasting colours of chocolates. Let cool.
- If you want zig-zags, take a toothpick and gently drag it vertically through the chocolate, going in alternate direction with each line, to make a beautiful pattern. It is important to do this step quickly when the chocolate is still wet.
- Sprinkle dark chocolate strawberries with a few flakes of sea salt for a sweet and salty effect.
NOTE: If the chocolate starts to become thick, place the bowl back into the microwave for a few seconds and stir until soft again.
- Store the dipped strawberries in the refrigerator until the chocolate has completely hardened.
- I think Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are best within a few hours of dipping, and when possible should be eaten the day they are made.
- They will be good in the refrigerator for 2-3 days but I find the taste and texture to be best when they’re eaten soon after they’re assembled.
Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe | Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe Microwave | Valentines Day Special
- 50 Large Strawberries
- 3 teaspoons Vegetable Oil 1 tsp for each type of chocolate
- 300 Grams White chocolate
- 250 Grams Bitter chocolate
- 250 Grams Milk chocolate
- For decoration: Optional
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles
- 1/2 Cup Pistachios Finely Chopped
- Gently rinse strawberries and make sure to pat dry them with a paper towel.
- Stick toothpicks in the tops of the strawberries about 1 inch deep.
- Arrange a thermocol board to stick in the strawberry pops or alternatively line a baking try with a parchment paper.
- Add a little oil and melt the chocolates in separate bowls in the microwave on medium power, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Stir until the chocolates are completely melted and smooth.
- Take a strawberry and dip it into the bowl
- Gently scrape the excess back into the bowl from the base of the strawberry
- Pin the dipped strawberry onto the themocol board. parchment paper and garnish with sprinkles. Repeat with the rest of your strawberries.
- Once the strawberries have all been dipped and are dry, drizzle some of the leftover chocolate over them.
- Store the dipped strawberries in the refrigerator until the chocolate has completely hardened.
- Strawberries shouldn’t be washed far in advance. Washing them just before you use them guarantees maximum freshness and minimal bruising.
- The toothpick should be inserted at least halfway into the strawberry to ensure stability when dipping.
- You can reduce/increase the quantities to suit your requirement.
- Approximately 500 grams of strawberries will require 350 grams of chocolate. This gives a good quantity of chocolate to work with and ensures that strawberries look good, and you are not scraping the bottom of the bowl. The exact amount of white, milk and dark chocolate you'll need depends on what designs you want to make and any extra leftover chocolate can be saved for another recipe.
- If the chocolate starts to become thick, place the bowl back into the microwave for a few seconds and stir until soft again.
How simple was this Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe.
Make this and surprise your valentine!!
Chocolate strawberries are perfect idea for kids parties, small birthday parties and for kitty parties. You can prepare them for any special occasion or whenever you like to eat something sweet.
Check out other recipes with strawberries:
- Strawberry Coconut Burfi
- Strawberry Banana Yoghurt Smoothie
- Mango Strawberry Layered Breakfast Smoothie
- Frozen Strawberry Sunrise Smoothie
And many more to come!!…..Stay Tuned!!
Hungry for more? Never miss a recipe!!…Subscribe to MasalaKorb and have posts delivered straight to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Do subscribe to my YouTube Channel for latest video alerts!!
Did you make a recipe? Make sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #masalakorb
Looks so amazing..anybody will fall in love with these beauties
Thank you so much 🙂
Gorgeous looking sweet treats!! Who can say no to these!!
Thanks dear 🙂
I am bowled out totally…awesome dear…
Thanks a bunch dear 🙂
Anu - My Ginger Garlic Kitchen
Yum yum! I love chocolate covered strawberries. And these look so adorable and delish. They are calling my name, Padma. Can I join you? 🙂 Happy Valentine’s Day to you my dear friend.
Thanks a bunch anu…you are always welcome to join me dear!!….Happy valentines day sweetie 🙂