Virgin Pina Colada Recipe | How to make Virgin Pina Colada (Virgin Piña Colada) | Non Alcoholic Pina Colada Punch Recipe – Virgin Pina Colada is a fantastic refreshing non-alcoholic tropical treat made with pineapple and coconut that anyone can enjoy!
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in August 2015 and has been updated with new pictures & Video for comprehensiveness and freshness.
It’s Summer time!!! Beat the heat with some cool summer drinks….Take a break, slip on some shades, a big floppy hat and enjoy the sunshine with this Virgin Pina Colada. Just close your eyes and pretend like you’re in the tropics…..Can you really feel it?
I’m a total sucker for a good Virgin Pina Colada. I still remember the first time I tried Virgin Pina Colada, I seriously fell in love with this refreshing Mock-tail and since then it’s the only drink I call for whenever I go to any formal dinner. It’s not that I haven’t tried any other drink ever, I really tried other stuff a few times but come back to the same again and again.
The blend of Pineapple and coconut milk is just too addictive for me. Just a few simple ingredients when blended at high speed gives you this amazing refreshing cool drink.
What is a Pina Colada
While the most identifying flavours of a Virgin Pina Colada are always coconut and pineapple, whether with or without alcohol, the basic recipe is open to changes. Additions and substitutions can make a Virgin Pina Colada have an entirely different taste, but it’s just as tasty as the original.
Even without the alcohol, a Virgin Pina Colada is tasty and will still make you feel like you’re sitting on a warm beach, relaxing to the sounds of the waves. Both coconut and pineapple have distinct flavours and complement each other quite well in a Virgin Pina Colada, making it so uniquely recognisable as a Pina Colada, that the rum isn’t even missed.
Many people think of frozen drinks as more exotic but that doesn’t mean they’re difficult to make. A basic Virgin Pina Colada recipe requires just one step and a few simple ingredients.
Virgin Pina Coladas don’t have to be a calorie bomb. You can make certain changes to reduce your caloric intake and improve its nutritional value. You can always substitute fresh fruits instead of canned or frozen and a light coconut milk for the cream of coconut, which has almost half the calories compared to it’s creamy counterpart.
Ingredients for Virgin Pina Colada Recipe
Mainly you will just need Pineapple & Coconut Milk! Sometime back I had posted Homemade coconut milk recipe, since then I wanted to share this non alcoholic Virgin Pina Colada. This is just one of countless ways you can use your home made raw coconut milk. Whenever I think of coconut smoothies, it is hard to go past a Pina Colada flavour.
I swirled up all the ingredients ( there were hardly any ) together…The recipe for Virgin Pina Colada is nothing really, all you need to do is blend the ingredients together and that’s it. Just play around with flavours of your choice keeping pineapple and coconut constant. You can even prepare with the coconut milk and Pineapple juice at home or use canned one. Everything will work, the taste will vary just a little though. Today I’m using fresh pineapple juice and homemade coconut milk.
This vegan Virgin Pina Colada shake is a fantastic refreshing non-alcoholic mock-tail anyone can enjoy!
Steps to follow for
Virgin Pina Colada Recipe
- These are all what you need to make Virgin Pina Colada.
- Extract pineapple juice from fresh pineapple or use canned one.
- Extract coconut milk from fresh coconut or use canned one.
- Addition of brown sugar depends on the sweetness of the pineapple, it is optional.
- In a blender, add pineapple juice, crushed pineapple (optional), coconut milk, brown sugar (optional) and ice cubes.
- I like my Virgin Pina Colada to be a bit pulpy. You can avoid crushed pineapple if you do not want it pulpy.
- Blitz the ingredients in a blender on high until smooth and you have a lovely slush.
- Fill a small glass with icy mixture.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge or as desired and serve.
Close your eyes as you sip it and you might just feel like you’re on the beach. Drink up and enjoy your Virgin Pina Colada!
- ¾ Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 Cup Crushed Ice optional
- ¼ Cup Crushed Pineapple optional
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar Or Any Sweetener Optional and adjust to taste
- In a blender, add pineapple juice, crushed pineapple (optional), coconut milk, brown sugar and ice cubes.
- Blend all the ingredients on high until smooth.
- Fill a small glass with icy mixture.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge or as desired and serve. Drink up and enjoy Virgin Pina Colada Mocktail !
- Ice is optional though I love mine to be a bit slushy. Add enough crushed ice to achieve your desired thickness - I find this can vary.
- Fresh fruits can always be added instead of canned or frozen.
- You can also substitute a light coconut milk for the cream of coconut, as it has sixty percent fewer calories than its creamy counterpart.
- You may sprinkle some grated coconut on top before serving.
- To give it the real tropical feel, serve it in a young coconut directly with a straw.
- Addition of sugar depends on the sweetness of the pineapple.
- Feel free to add in some rum to transform it a cocktail.
DO CHECK OUT OTHER DRINKS & BREAKFAST RECIPES FROM BLOG!!
You might want to check out other popular beverages from my blog-
- Honey Ginger Lemonade
- Mint Flavoured Watermelon Cooler
- Gingered blueberry smoothie
- Mango Lassi
- Indian Style Ginger Cardamom Tea
- Strawberry Banana Yoghurt Smoothie
- Spiced Buttermilk or Masala Chaas
Many more to come!!…..STAY TUNED!!
Hungry for more? Never miss a recipe!!…Subscribe to MasalaKorb and have posts delivered straight to your inbox! And connect with me on Facebook, Google, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Do subscribe to my YouTube Channel for latest video alerts!!
If you cook this dish, be sure to tag your photo with this hashtag: #masalakorb